Monday, January 25, 2016

Tent Test

The blizzard that hit the east coast this weekend sent lots of wind down to Florida and gave me the opportunity to give my tent a decent wind test.

A few weeks ago I got to thinking about Scotland, and I realized it would (possibly....ok, most definitely) be windy there.  I got my current tent in early 2011. If I'm being honest, as soon as I got my tent, a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2, I took the guy lines off to save weight and never thought about them again. The problem?  I'd need those guy lines I'd so casually misplaced back then to secure my tent in the windy, rainy confines of Scotland. Guy lines are cheap enough, but figured I'd contact Big Agnes to ask how much they sold them for.  They were nice enough to send me a set for free!  Thanks BA! So, win for me.

Anyway, back to the story...

We rarely have strong winds, but we were getting gusts up to about 25 mph.  I figured it was the best chance I'd have to give the new guy lines a good test.

Check out them sexy guy lines
 
Rear end (sorry about the shadows)

 Overall I was pretty satisfied.  There aren't any extra guy loops in the back,  but once I get some gear in there it will hold it down.  There was some minor rustling of the fabric when the gusts came, but I can adjust to make it as tight as possible.

1 comment: