Monday, July 25, 2016

Post 2016 Challenge Day 14

Post Challenge: Day 14

Montrose
Thursday, May 26th, 2016

This was originally the day I was scheduled to finish, so it was a relaxing day in town for me.  After saying goodbye to Kenny and Ava as they headed home, I relaxed in my room for a bit before showering again and heading over to the campgrounds to set up.  

Montrose Campground -- I forgot to take a picture until it was almost nighttime
A street in Montrose
Another picture from my wandering around town
After getting settled I spent the afternoon wandering around town a bit and chatting with people I had met on my crossing at the campsite.  About 5pm I got ready for the big Thursday night dinner (and as a bonus, there was also a wedding before the dinner).
The wedding taking place
During the award portion of the dinner


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your trip report, Brian. It's interesting to see the Challenge experience through the eyes of someone from outside the UK. Your enthusiasm and enjoyment of the event is clear to see and I'm glad to hear you'll be back in 2017. I won't be doing the walk this year but I hope to meet you in Montrose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to hear some of the veterans of the TGOC are enjoying my take on the challenge. I had a great time in 2016 and am eagerly awaiting the 2017 event already. See you in Montrose!

      Delete