Monday, March 7, 2016

A Day at the Dump

Elevation.  Living in Florida we seem to have a lack of it.  The only place where there is really any is at a place called Dyer Park, which is a park (obviously) built out of an old dump.  And there's actually a pretty good mountain bike trail with lots of ups and downs.  Granted, we're only talking 25 feet or so up and down, but it's better than nothing. 

As you can see from the data below the trail is just under 3 miles.  I did the trail 3 times, so just under 9 miles for the day.  I could definitely feel the difference from the other hikes I've done which were on much flatter ground.

I took a few pictures: 

It was rather pleasant in the shade
It's always hard to capture steepness.  It was a little steeper than it looks
Lots of birds
The view from up top of the hill, plus some finger.  (Hey, it was bright and I couldn't really see the screen when I was taking it)

Next time I'm going for 4 or 5 times around the trail.  I need to up the mileage game.   Down to just over 2 months until I leave for Scotland.  It's getting close!





No comments:

Post a Comment