Tuesday, July 10, 2018

2018 TGO Challenge - Post Challenge

Post Challenge:  Montrose

Thursday, May 24th

We had the whole day until the Challenge dinner to do what we wanted.  We started with breakfast in the hotel where we chatted with a host of other challengers, including my friend Mervyn who had completed his 10th challenge!

After breakfast, Kenny, Ava, Leslie and I decided to take a walk around Montrose.

An actual record store - don't see too
 many of them anymore


Someone had put masks on a few of the statues


After our walk around town we decided to relax for most of the afternoon.  We agreed to meet up pre-dinner for a couple drinks. 

The ballroom set up for dinner
All the challengers in the bar before dinner
Dinner

Ali talking during dinner
Leslie and JJ, who we walked with most
of our first three days in 2017
Foggy Montrose
 After dinner we hung out in the bar for a while and had a nice chat with Ali.  She congratulated me on my 3rd crossing and mentioned how I was a veteran of the challenge now.  I hadn't really thought about that, but it's definitely something I'm proud of.  It's not easy to complete one Challenge, let alone three in a row.  I plan to go back at some point (I mean, I'm almost to 10 challenges😂), but it will probably be a few years.  Although, next year is the 40th anniversary Challenge, so who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment